Attoyac Bayou On-Site Septic System (OSSF) Remediation Program
The Angelina & Neches River Authority (ANRA) has received funding through a Clean Water Act (CWA) Section 319 grant to fund the installation of On-Site Septic Facilities (OSSFs) in the Attoyac Bayou watershed in an effort to improve water quality in the Attoyac Bayou, which is listed as impaired for bacterial contamination.
Funding for this project is provided by the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) Nonpoint Source Program and the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to address nonpoint sources of pollution. Failing OSSFs have been identified as potential sources of pollution in the Attoyac Bayou Watershed Protection Plan. Funding will be available to install approximately 23 OSSFs within the watershed.
Homeowners within the Attoyac Bayou watershed that meet certain criteria are eligible to apply for one of the available grants to install or replace septic systems within the watershed. In order to qualify, the following criteria must be met:
- Your home must be within the portion of Nacogdoches, San Augustine, Shelby, or Rusk Counties that lies within the Attoyac Bayou watershed.
- Your residence must be a single family home served by a septic system.
- You must own the property.
- The home must be your primary residence and be occupied for the majority of the year.
- The property must have a septic system that has failed or have no septic system to treat sewer discharge. Septic systems that are inappropriate for the soil type may also be considered if sufficient funding is available.
- Eligible sites will be limited to those where the household income is at or below 150% of the Median Household Income (MHI), based on household size. The MHI used for eligibility determination is based on the average MHI for Rusk, Shelby, Nacogdoches, and San Augustine Counties. Priority will be given to individuals and households with lower Median Household Incomes.
- Priority will be given to properties within 2000
feet of an impacted waterbody.
Map of Eligible Area
Information Packet and Application Forms
More information and forms are avaliable here:
- Notice of Grant Availability
- Attoyac Watershed Map
- Grant Project Overview
- Grant Selection Criteria Fact Sheet
- Grant Grading Criteria Fact Sheet
- Income Categories
Documents 1-7 in a single pdf
Grant Application Form
If you are interested in participating in the Attoyac Bayou On-Site Septic System (OSSF) Remediation Program, please contact the Angelina & Neches River Authority at (936)-632-7795 (or e-mail email@example.com).