Date Available: May 23, 2023
Date Closed: Open until filled
Position Title: Environmental Inspector, On-Site Sewage Facility Program
Position Classification: Full Time, Exempt
Salary Range: $37,831-$40,950 per year (depending on experience and qualifications)
Benefits include health insurance, life insurance, vision and dental insurance, annual leave, sick leave, holiday pay, retirement, uniform and apparel programs. Must possess a valid class “C” driver’s license, pre-employment background check and drug screen mandatory. ANRA is an equal opportunity employer.
ANRA is seeking a motivated individual to join our team in the role of environmental inspector for our On-Site Sewage Facility (OSSF) program. In part, this position will be responsible for the design review, inspection and licensing activities for residential and commercial on-site sewer systems within the River Authority’s jurisdiction. This position plays a critical role in protecting public health by working with affected parties, local officials and community stakeholders to achieve compliance with state and local laws.
Ideal candidates will exhibit excellent communication and organizational skills, enjoy a mix of indoor and outdoor duties, possess the ability to work effectively in the public arena and maintain composure in difficult circumstance.
- Perform inspections of OSSFs installed within ANRA’s jurisdiction.
- Issues permits for OSSFs installed within ANRA’s jurisdiction in accordance with state rules and regulations and ANRA policies and procedures.
- Perform field investigations of complaints/concerns and prepare appropriate reports. Initiate follow-ups as necessary.
- Investigate, validate and recommend enforcement action in compliance with ANRA’s Rules.
- Conduct GPS data collection activities.
- Collection of water samples in accordance with TCEQ’s Surface Water Quality Monitoring (SWQM) Procedures and ANRA’s Quality Assurance Project Plans (QAPP).
- Responsible for field monitoring equipment and supplies necessary to complete water quality monitoring tasks.
- Must have a Designated Representative License from TCEQ (or have the ability to acquire a DR license within 6 months of hire).
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Valid Texas Driver’s License.
- Must be insurable for ANRA’s automotive insurance policy.
- Willing to work flexible hours and during inclement weather.
- Physical ability and agility to deadlift 75 lbs. waist high and lift 40 lbs. overhead, climb steps and ladders;
- Walk 1/2 mile across fairly rugged terrain, including walk/climb steep slopes while carrying equipment;
- Routinely stoop, kneel, bend, and/or squat to install equipment, collect samples, perform tests, and take readings.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision and follow stated protocols.
- Loyal, mature, team player with initiative and the ability to work under stress and with multiple deadlines.
- Comprehensive knowledge of state and federal regulations.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to develop a rapport with varying audiences and the general public.
- A positive attitude and the ability to work well with others.
Application forms are available at anra.org and can be submitted to email@example.com